Skip to content
Cleaning & Normal Use
- Use a wooden chopping board, over a plastic one.
- Hand wash your knife in warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Never put your Svord knife in the dishwasher.
- Lay the blade flat on a chopping board and use a Scotch-Brite scouring pad to gently clean away any surface rust that develops.
- Oil the blade with a small amount of olive, vegetable or mineral oil occasionally to build a protective layer against rust.
- Store in the protective cover supplied with your Svord knife.
- Store in a knife block or magnetic wall strip.
- We recommend the use of a diamond sharpener or oilstone occasionally.
- Never use a pull through knife sharpener - this will destroy the cutting edge.
- Test the sharpness of your Svord knife by slicing through a sheet of paper - a sharp blade will not catch or rip the paper.
Guide to Knife Sharpening
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.